1. R. Cecchini, R.S.R. Gajjela, C. Martella, C. Wiemer, A. Lamperti, L. Nasi, L. Lazzarini, L.G. Nobili and M. Longo "High-Density Sb2Te3 Nanopillars Arrays by Templated, Bottom-Up MOCVD Growth", Small 15 (2019) 1901743; DOI: 10.1002/smll.201901743.
2. M. Longo, P. Fantini, P. Noé, "Phase-Change Memories: Materials Science, Technological Applications and Perspectives", Editorial for the Special Issue on Phase-Change Memories: Materials Science, Technological Applications and Perspectives, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 53 (2020) 440201; https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6463/aba0e0.
3. PA Vermeulen, DT Yimam, MA Loi, BJ Kooi, Multilevel reflectance switching of ultrathin phase-change films, Appl. Phys., 125 (2019) 193105 (https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5085715 )
4. Bart J. Kooi, Matthias Wuttig, Chalcogenides by Design: Functionality through Metavalent Bonding and Confinement, Advanced Materials, 32 (2020) 1908302, (https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.201908302 )
5. C. Ribaldone, D. Dragoni, and M. Bernasconi, "A first principles study of the switching mechanism in GeTe/InSbTe superlattices", Nanoscale Advances, in press.
6. D. Baratella, D. Dragoni, D. Ceresoli, and M. Bernasconi, First Principles Study on the Crystalline Ga4Sb6Te3 Phase Change Compound, Physica Status Solidi RRL, in press.
7. Jean-Luc Battaglia, Andrzej Kusiak, Kanka Gosh, The use of photothermal techniques for thermal conductivity and thermal boundary resistance measurements of phase change calcogenides alloys, accepted in J. Appl. Phys. (July 2020).
8. Kanka Ghosh, Andrzej Kusiak and Jean-Luc Battaglia, Phonon hydrodynamics in crystalline GeTe at low temperature, accepted in Phys. Rev. B, August 2020.
1. S. Cecchi, D. Kriegner, F. Arciprete, E. Zallo, V. Holy, R. Calarco, PDI Annual Report 2020 – Written Contribution "Towards Ge-rich Ge-Sb-Te alloys fabricated by molecular beam epitaxy"
1. Master thesis 18/3/2019 by Chiara Ribaldone “First-principles atomistic simulations of materials for electronic phase-change memories” University of Milano-Bicocca (Prof. M. Bernasconi).
2. Master thesis /10/2019 by Omar Abou El Kheir “Ab-initio study of Ge-rich GeSbTe alloys for phase change memories” University of Milano-Bicocca (Prof. M. Bernasconi).
3. Master thesis 1/04/2020 by Dario Baratella “First principles study of GaSbTe alloys for electronic phase change memories” University of Milano-Bicocca (Prof. M. Bernasconi).
4. Master thesis 4/6/2020 by Julien van der Ree “Increasing the crystallisation temperature of phase-change thin films for memory applications” University of Groningen (Prof. Bart J. Kooi).
5. Bachelor Thesis 28/05/2020 by Christian Petrucci “CARATTERIZZAZIONE RAMAN DI LEGHE (GeTe)n-(Sb2Te3)m” University of Rome Tor Vergata URTOV (Prof. F. Arciprete) in cooperation with CNR-IMM Rome (Dr. R. Calarco)
6. Master Thesis 23/07/2020 by Adriano Diaz Fattorini “Growth of (GeTe)n-(Sb2Te3)mPhase Change Alloys and their characterization by Photoemission Spectroscopy” University of Rome Tor Vergata URTOV (Prof. F. Arciprete) in cooperation with CNR-IMM Rome (Dr. R. Calarco)
PARTICIPATION TO CONFERENCES
1. Contributed talk by S. Cecchi, E. Zallo, R. Calarco, April 22nd–26th 2019 – MRS 2019 Spring Meeting – Phoenix, USA – Oral Contribution "Growth and Characterization of Epitaxial GeSbTe Films towards Ge-rich compositions"
2. Contributed talk by R. Cecchini E-MRS Spring meeting 2019 May 27 - 31, 2019, Nice, France IMM participants: C. Wiemer, R. Cecchini "Templated growth of high-density Sb2Te3 nanopillars by MOCVD", authors: R. Cecchini, R.S.R. Gajjela, C. Martella, C. Wiemer, A. Lamperti, L. Nasi, L. Lazzarini, L.G. Nobili and M. Longo
3. Poster presentation by R.S.R. Gajjela "Jaszowiec 2019": 48th International School & Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors June 8-14, 2019 Szczyrk (Poland) "Templated Bottom-up growth of High-density Sb2Te3 Nanopillars by MOCVD", authors: R. Cecchini, R.S.R. Gajjela, C. Martella, C. Wiemer, A. Lamperti, L. Nasi, L. Lazzarini, L.G. Nobili and M. Longo.
4. Invited talk S. Cecchi, June 25th 2019 – Leti Innovation Days 2019, Non-Volatile Memories Workshop – Grenoble, France "Epitaxial Phase Change Alloys and Heterostructures for Memory Applications"
b. Poster presentation by R. Cecchini "MOCVD growth of antimony telluride in high-density templates", authors: R. Cecchini, R.S.R. Gajjela, C. Martella, C. Wiemer, A. Lamperti, L. Nasi, L. Lazzarini, L.G. Nobili and M. Longo
c. Invited presentation by Bart J. Kooi: Bart J. Kooi, Jamo Momand, Ruining Wang, Jos E. Boschker, Raffaella Calarco "Elemental mapping of GeTe and Sb2Te3 at Si(111) interfaces"
d. Poster presentation by Jamo Momand: Jamo Momand, Jos E. Boschker, Ruining Wang, Sytze de Graaf, Raffaella Calarco, Bart J. Kooi "Intermixing between Sb2Te3/GeTe films and Si(111) substrates"
e. Poster presentation by Daniel T. Yimam: D.T. Yimam, P.A. Vermeulen, M.A. Loi, B.J. Kooi "Multilevel Reflectivity Switching of Ultrathin Phase-Change Films"
6. NVMTS 2019 - Non-Volatile Memory Technology Symposium 2019 October 28-30, 2019 Washington Duke Inn, Durham, North Carolina (US)
b. Poster presentation M. Longo: "Chalcogenide nanowires: can they really be an option for downscaled phase change memory devices?" authors: M. Longo, R. Cecchini, C. Wiemer
7. Invited seminar S. Cecchi, February 21st 2020 – University of Milano Bicocca, "Van der Waals epitaxy and characterization of quasi-two-dimensional Ge-Sb-Te alloys and superlattices"
8. Contributed talk by D. Dragoni to be given at "Congresso Nazionale della Società Italiana di Fisica", videoconference 14-17/9/2020: "A first-principles study of the switching mechanism in GeTe-InSbTe superlattices", C. Ribaldone, D. Dragoni, and M. Bernasconi
9. Poster presentation by Jamo Momand Physics@Veldhoven meeting January 21-22 2020 Veldhoven (Netherlands) UGRO “Nanostructuring phase-change materials for memory and neuromorphic applications”
10. CIMTEC 2020 | 15th International Conference on Modern Materials and Technologies (Postponed to 2021 for the Covid-19 emergency), June 21-30 Montecatini Terme (Italy).
a. Accepted Oral:"MOCVD growth of Sb-Te and In-Ge-Te nanostructures on templated substrates for phase change memories" authors: R. Cecchini, C. Martella, A. Lamperti, S. Brivio, M. Longo, F. Rossi, L. Lazzarini, E. Varesi
b. Accepted Oral: "Shape Controlled Self-Assembly of Core Shell Ge-Sb-Te/Sb2Te3 Nanowires by MOCVD", authors: A. Kumar, R. Cecchini, C. Wiemer, C. Martella, M. Longo, M. Scuderi, G. Nicotra.
11. Symposium EL09 (Phase-Change Materials for Electronic and Photonic Nonvolatile Memory and Neuro-Inspired Computing) at MRS Spring Meeting 2020. The meeting in Phoenix in April 2020 has been canceled due to SARS2-COVID-19 emergency and it will take place virtually from November 28 to December 4 2020.
b. Invited by F. Arciprete "Towards the Investigation of Electronic Properties of Epitaxial Phase Change Materials"
c. Oral presentation by Jamo Momand “Compositional Tuning of GaSb and Ge-Rich GST for Enhanced Performance Phase-Change Material Thin Films and Heterostructures” Postponed till November 28 - December 4 2020.
d. Oral presentation by Daniel T. Yimam "Pulsed Laser Deposited Sb2Te3, GaSb, and Ge - rich GST Thin Films and Heterostructures for Memory Devices".
12. On the 26 September 2019, STMicroelectronics and IMM-CNR organized and hosted the event "Notte della ricerca" (https://www.mdm.imm.cnr.it/events/notte-della-ricerca; Agrate Brianza, Italy), with the goal of promoting interest and careers in microelectronics industry and research. The event gathered a few hundred of undergraduate students from different Italian universities. During the laboratory tour and the so called "speed date" (one-to-one fast talk between researcher and students) basic concepts of phase change memory and goals of active research projects in this area, including BeforeHand, were given by R. Cecchini.